• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Trying to find Intake Snorkel Part

cclary25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently changed out the low air intake to the deep water kit with the raised snorkel. Well, I removed the flange piece and the new snorkel part did not fit in this piece so now there is a gap around the elbow coming up to the snorkel where this flange piece use to go. Well, I came across this picture showing a different flange piece put in that fills this gap with the snorkel and was just trying to find the part number or where I can purchase this piece. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I have attached first the flange piece that removed to install the deep water snorkel that no longer fits the new snorkel part so you can see what referring to. Since this piece is the same diameter as the snorkel tube there must be a different piece that is used with the snorkel and can't seem to find the part number so can search for the piece to purchase.

oldflange.PNG
The second picture shows that there is another piece that replaces this one as you can see in this second picture. (Also not referring to that black piece this was just the best close up picture of snorkel that could see part referring to.) Also, as of now without this piece there just this ugly gap around the rubber elbow piece.
flange.PNG

cclary25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, the metal part that replaces the part in the top picture. The part in top picture went in that spot but its to small for the snorkel tube to fit into and see in that second picture they have a piece in that spot and didn't know if there was a separate part that goes with the snorkel tube that uses those three bolts and goes in there or if just have to take the old part shown in top picture and just cut it to somehow fit. Sorry just dropped car off at show or else would take pictures to show better how now that that piece in the top picture is no longer there it's just a gap around the elbow tube and snorkel and trying to find out if there piece to fill in this gap similar to that second picture.

dilvoy

That shield is not used with the DWF Intake. It is not water tight, it is just a sort of splash shield that is withing that box below the mushroom cap. You need to have a rubber elbow that connects the air cleaner to the bottom of the snorkle.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dilvoy is right. Mine has a 4.5 inch 90DEG rubber elbow with hose clamps. From the air filter can to the snorkel tube. No other parts.

cclary25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the rubber elbow with the hose clamps as you mentioned it just looked like in that second picture above there was another piece bolted in there where that original metal piece was that kinda filled the gap between around the rubber elbow.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The armored trucks with long intake tube use the non-fording part you took out with a rubber hose and a shorter intake tube.
I know...I have both.
Nothing goes in the gap in a fording intake application.
On one truck...I took that part you took out and cut the ring part out, put on a rubber grommet to fit around
the rubber elbow.

cclary25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh alright was really wondering since the more pictures I looked at they seemed to look like two different setups were half looked like mine with gap and other half looked different entirely which now makes perfect sense with what you just said. I think I'll try what you said though and cut ring out and put on rubber grommet.

Thank You so much for clearing that up!

cclary25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
86humv Where did if you get a grommet large enough to fit around the rubber elbow? I don't recall seeing any that size of home depot or lowes but then again never needed one that large so maybe just never noticed.

Thanks

Action

The piece in your second pic goes on the rear bumper.
There is a rubber tube with 2 hose clamps on the intake. It looks like they were painted green?

If you do not want the gap around the tube, there is an aluminum part that looks the same on the top and bottom. It is a civy part. You can hook the rubber elbow to the bottom and the short rubber tube on the top.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks