• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help under standing the lights on a 2.5

MrM4

Ok guys I bought my 1st deuce , a 72 AM Gen. M109A3. The lights on the thing have me stumped. Does anyone have a picture showing what postion the switchs need to be in to make each set of lights work?

I cant seem to get the blinkers to work front or back. I like to be able to run at night with blinkers and head lights and I cant seem to find the right setting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what you will find in the TM 9-2329-361-10 (basic operators manual)

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your having trouble with your blinkers, all of them, you may have a bad flasher unit.

The TM that ends in -10 is the basic operators manual.

The TM that ends in -20 is for intermediate level repairs

The TM that ends in -34 is for Depot level repairs.

Simply put, the higher the ending number, the higher level of mechanical difficulty, is covered.

if it ends with a P, it is a parts manual

41cl8m5

The blinker unit that sits on the drivers side fender (little black box with one plug connection) on my m35a2 had a broken ground. The wire was broken inside of the wire casing, the wire that goes from the plug to a gounding piont on the fender. It looked good from the out side but after doing a continuity check with a small pin I found it. Thought it was the control box box after getting a new one the turn signals still would not flash. On the turn signal lever of cource, down is for left, up is for right, but if you go up one more time it will give you the E. flashers. You will need to pull out on the side of the lever to get to that point.
Hope this helps

Last edited:

MrM4

Thanks Guys that will get me started. I know theres alot of info in them I just dont have yet. From the looks of everything on the net maybe I dont even need a hard copy .

Thanks again!

Matt

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Guys that will get me started. I know theres alot of info in them I just dont have yet. From the looks of everything on the net maybe I dont even need a hard copy .

Thanks again!

Matt
You can get all the Techncal manuals for free.You just have to download them.

Visit www.jatonkam35s.com and then click on the M35 tab.

No need to buy anything. All it takes is a PDF reader.

MrM4

From what I see here and what I read in 2 other thread it apprears that I need to do alittle wiring if I want head lights and blinkers at the same time. Is that correct ?

saddamsnightmare

September 26th, 2011

MrM4:

No, the headlights and blinkers are two completely different circuits on the truck. The turn signals and hazard lights will work with the three lever headlight control switch in either the parking lights or headlight positions. THEY WILL NOT WORK IN ANY BLACKOUT LIGHT SETTING! To actuate the hazard lights one sets the turn signal lever as for a right turn, and there should be a second lever underneath the turns signal lever (on the same unit on your steering column). IF you pull out on the second lever and continue to move the turn signal lever up one more notch above the right turn position, it will activate your hazard lights.
The deuce is not designed with modern vehicle lighting in mind, only what the Army needed in 1955 or 1971. If you think that the hazard lights are going to save you from a rear end collision at night..... Thuink again, most car drivers have no clue about two taillights meaning a slow truck.. I would suggest contacting Rick Larsen and getting his set of reflectorized "Convoy Ahead" and "Convoy Follows" signs, and bungee cord the convoy ahead sign to your tailgate at night.... what with the yellow background, black lettering and the little red triangle in the center, it will give the carnoids soming to look at before they rear end you. This is from experience, my truck ended up with the convoy lights above the cab so on slow climbs up hills or in extremely bad weather the truck has two more yellow lights... No state trooper in Texas ever took exception to their use as marking a slow vehicle (remember, highway sppeds there are 70 daytime, 65 nightime and few Texans drive that slow).:D
If you are worried about visibility at night, maybe it's time to go tactical and stay off the road, because car drivers can hit and be hit by things as big as locomotives with headlights, ditch lights, horns and bells, their intelligence level has been running low lately. Just ask Ferro how many times his locomotive's been in an accident with a car...aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks