• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help, what am I looking for.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hello everyone, just joined this great site. My wife and I have been going to the Government auctions site for about 2 months and really want to get a truck. So far we like the M925. I was hoping I could get some feedback on what to buy. I guess if I tell you Things we were looking for you could narrow down what truck we should buy. We like the larger motor (HP) in the cummings. We would like the newer technology for best fuel economy. We want the 20,000 lbs winch. We like the single wheel with the 1400x20 tires. Want a truck that will run 65 mph, so we can run 55 without having my foot to the floor drinking fuel. Auto trans, but not necessary. A duece would be fine if we could find these options, but haven't so far. Main use will be traveling, camping, survival, don.t want to get stuck in the snow. Like the newer 8.3 ltr engine. If someone knows what trucks are like this please give me suggestions on what to buy. Please remember I am new at this so please be clear on models, I don't know a lot of the lingo (TLA's) that many use. Thank you in advance for all your knowledge, it is amazing how much most of you know.
Diverman555

cornrichard

It sounds to me like you actually already know what you want. The 925 series in the a2 variety. I suspect that they are going to get a lot more common at auctions in the next 6-12 months. If you do not have a pressing need I would advise you to wait a little.
The first ones sold will be in the worst shape and go for the most money. People will think they are rare, and they will be, for a couple of months. The people in charge of letting go of assets always get the problem trucks off their books first.
The only thing that bothers me about the 925 is the air brakes. You are going to need a class A, or a cdl to drive them. I already have a big license, and I prefer air brakes once you get used to them. Good Luck, These trucks are a lot of fun.

Rattlehead

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks