• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help! Window Removal!

zeisshensoldt

The original owner of my truck completely ruined the crank for the window inside the door. It's so horribly bent inside the door that it's nearly impossible to move. Anyways, I started off by removing the 4 screws for the crank and then the window crank handle. I then tried to force the window down from the top, to try and get the crank to pop loose down below the door, so i could remove it from the window, but regardless of what i did (me and the wife were hanging on the window trying to force it down) the thing would just not budge.aua Now the truck sits with its window 90% down, stuck. I try moving the window, but the crank being the way it is, refuses to let the window travel in any direction. Hoping someone knows a secret that i dont. Maybe, there's a hidden button that will spread the door apart so i can get to the insides.:p

zeisshensoldt

It doesn't seem at all complex, it's just stuck in the door from being bent and I don't really want to buy an entire door if i can end up getting out the crank with some creative thinking. I thought maybe there's a trick to doing this kind of repair.

lawdog1623

You should be able to remove many of the parts from inside the door through the access panel. I had to Tinker with mine too.

zeisshensoldt

How does the window attach to the regulator, is it with a screw or a clip? If I can get the window off the regulator then this should solve my problem.

dikwks

There is a clip on the back (as you are looking into the door from the access panel), it is circular with a rolled edge and a spring retainer on the end of the pin.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "trick" is to read first, work second.

There are detailed instructions for this, in the Tech Manuals.

TM 9-2320-361-20

11-5. CAB DOOR Glass AND WEATHERSEAL REPLACEMENT

Last edited:

JCKnife

I'm reading the TM now and it is very non-specific as to how to remove the fasteners from the door glass regulator assembly guides. It just says "pop off two pin fasteners."

I think if I had a little hand-mirror here I could see behind them and see how to pop them off, but today I don't.

EDIT: Ah, I was reading TM 9-2320-209-34-2-2 but I see that the one doghead referenced above DOES offer more detail about these clips. They appear to be C-clips. I will work from that premise and see if I can pry them out, blind.

Last edited:

JCKnife

Nope! Not a c-clip and I broke it during removal. But I have 5 doors here to pull from so I'll be fine. Photo for posterity. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339441438.416571.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks