• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP!!!! with a 67 deuce i need to know how to do some stuff

This is my first time posting on this sight but i have used it to find many helpfull things.I need to know how to get the cap off the break master cylinder so i can put break fluid in it.Another thing is what is the line that i had to take off the cap of the master cylinder for and what does it do? and what might be wrong with the four wheel drive not kicking out. i have the drive shaft out but the front is still locked in how does the 4x4 work on it because it has no shifter for the 4x4. just the high low lever and one for the winch.i have one that uses air to lock in the 4x4 but this does not. any help or info would be GREAT.:grd:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the line is a vent line, use a wrench on the cap, unless you have hubs, the front axle will always be live, the sprag senses wheel spin, when the rears are going slower then the front (gears in the xcase)the front is disengaged, when the rears spin, the front is going slower so it engages, with the front shaft out, the xcase does not sense the speed difference, so stays engaged.

Now with all this said, the TMs have a wealth of NEEDED info.(in this case the deuce -10 op.manual)
(I'm trying to be more new member QUESTION friendly)

Last edited:

Jimma

Just use an udjustable wrench and remove the vent line, its easy to do. Then adjust the wrench to open the top of the master cylinder. Its akward to get to but not overly technical. I had mine open to check it yesterday.

so how do i make sure it is disengaged because i don't think it is working like it should. the front end hops and slides all over the road the you try to drive. kind of like the front end is i low while the rear is in high....what is the best way to get into the master cylinder from the top or bottom,being the cap has not been off in over 10 years do to the 4x4 problem.:confused:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks