• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with a black / greyish color camo pattern

MrM4

Guys I would like to do a urban type blackish / greys / maybe white combo paint job and I have been having a hard time finding much for pictures. This will be for my deuce bobber and was wondering if anyone had a picture of someones MV done in a black / grey camo?

Im just trying to find a example of what my mind sees even though my fingers can't seem to find it on the net.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks!

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw a guy's M1008 on here not very long ago--- but can't remember what the link was about... try searching the paint & Body section of SS

MrM4

Thank for the idea guys, I think I will go with a flat non reflective black Base and a Dark Grey and a Light Grey for the colors. As for the pattern I might use the Merco or maybe a custom design, either way theres going to be some tapeign and cutting to get the desired effect.

Heath_h49008

Ok... you are talking my colors.... I'm doing a "Dazzle" urban camo on a Blitz Black base. I'm in an urban/verdant AO, so I may add a touch of green. But as far as I know, there are only a few M35s in those colors.

I called dibs!!!!

I can't do mine until spring, so you have that long to be "The first." :beer:

I didn't think anyone else had my bad taste...

MrM4

Ive never been a fan of doing anything like everyone else but I would bet mine wont happen until spring as well. The weather is starting to turn here fast and I just started the front half of my 8 inch lift kit tonight. I hope to get the 16.00r20s and rims on the way next week. At least then I can drive it, painted or not.

Heath_h49008

Don't sweat it, I don't think anyone else has done "Dazzle", and if you're going for the urban Mercenary truck like I think you are, it won't look anything like mine. Mine will look more like a WWI or WWII battleship than any kind of normal camo M35.

I can't wait to see how it looks brother! Maybe we can make some trucks "green" with envy.:p

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct. The M35A3 is a truck the Mikew built. That is his shop in the background. Been there many times.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey I want to play.:jumpin:
It not urban, it wasn't a bobber, and I considered it winter cause it has a base of white.
But it has been this way since 2006.
I had 3 different camo patterns on the truck parts when I bought it, so I painted the lights white, the darks grey and filled in with black. All primers.:mrgreen:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks