• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with a TS-4216 Load Bank

alpinepower

Reaching out to someone that is user friendly with the TS-4216/G Load bank. Guyfang has provided me with a Training/user manual. Still have some missing info. The manual does not say where to land your cables from the Generator to which stud on the load bank. It seems self explanatory and Guyfand pointed me in a direction. Also just looking for other helpful hints in using this unit. I have 2 of them and wanting to use them for smaller 120/240v single phase Genset testing. I already have a 208/120 and 480 250 kw load banks.
We get this sorted out I can move onto help with the Essex brand A698A Reactive load bank that I got at the same auction. David at Alpine Power Solutions

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So these load testers are like 3 separate heaters with adjustable load, each leg is a separate heater when set up for 3ph.
When testing 1ph, a buss bar is placed between all 3 legs so the load is spread between 3 heaters instead of just 2 and gives the option for 240v test instead of only 208.
the ground lug is item 7, lower left below connection board
The diagram on the door or manual tells how to setup machine for each type of load being applied, where buss bars go, which cannon plugs hook to what connection or to store.
Page 2-7 and 2-8 or pdf page 19 and 20 should be printed and verified settings everytime before power is applied.

alpinepower

By "land" I think he means hook up, or attach might be better.
How to configure the load bank was not the issue, got that figured out. It was about where to hook up my cables from the Generator to which lugs on the load bank per voltage being tested. Got confirmation from Libby the manufacturer, when testing 240v single phase that L1 cable goes to the shorting bar lugs and L2 cable will go to N/E1. Just wanted to be sure as when testing 240v landing a power cable to N is a no no with other units. Testing 3 phase voltages was easier to figure out.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
You can look here how it is done on the Essex A427. It is similar, but a different company.

The TM really does a crappy job explaining "what is where"

Always have a good ground to load bank, and onward to genset.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks