• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help With Finding Cheap Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjeep

Just purchased a 1971 M109A3 and I'm needing to get liability insurance. Ok, guys, does anyone know where I can get reasonably priced insurance here in Missouri? We have Progressive for our autos, but they told me tonight that they couldn't insure my Duece... Any help would be very appreciated.

The Gimlis

Country Financial Ins didn't even bat an eye when I told them what we bought, and they don't care if it is inside. It is basic coverage, no replacement or collision.

WyoDeuce

State Farm has my deuce. No restrictions. $80 for 6 months. Comercial policy dept. for personal use because of the weight. Don't buy specialty car insurance, they want it indoors and only driven on special ocasions. Get regular insurance and drive the heck out of it.

Last edited:

Preacherboy

I have gulfway, it is specialty insurance for antique trucks...but they do not require it to be stored indoors and I got it cheaper because it is registered as a historical vehicle, but they will do it either way.

Also, their underwriter is Travelers so you could just try your local traveler's agent; but if they aren't familiar gulfway is great.

CapKrk

Progressive "personal" will not insure over 3/4 ton. Progressive "commercial" will not insure pickup trucks. Don't even ask them to insure your M1008 or M1009. My policy got canceled today.

The nice lady I talked to at Progressive "personal" thought she would share her vast knowledge with me that these trucks "were not mass produced....they are totally different than civilian vehicles and are never driven on the streets".aua I hung up.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
State Farm wouldn't insure my M1028 because of the GVW. So State Farm doesn't insure pickup trucks? Why is it so hard to let some people take your money?

For the Deuce, see if Farm Bureau will cover what you need. I use Farm Bureau for my 3 trucks and I've had no problems. Its not as "cheap" as some of the others, but I have peace of mind.

rjeep

Hey thank you, I just found Geico will insure it, and just started up a policy with them. So far they have been the only insurance company that would do the job, and it's only $20 a month. Thank you to everyone who responded to my inquiry, I really appreciate you all helping a 'newbie'. Only had 1 rude response, but I'm not taking it personally, guessing he's just not a 'people person'...:smile:

WyoDeuce

State Farm wouldn't insure my M1028 because of the GVW. So State Farm doesn't insure pickup trucks? Why is it so hard to let some people take your money?

For the Deuce, see if Farm Bureau will cover what you need. I use Farm Bureau for my 3 trucks and I've had no problems. Its not as "cheap" as some of the others, but I have peace of mind.
I am surprised that state farm would not insure your M1028. They had no problem with my deuce.
I agree with you about "cheap" insurance. You really need to pay atention to the limits on your policies. Sometimes they get the cost down by lowering the limits. You get what you pay for.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After much searching, I went with Travelers, and Gulfway for my 5 ton. You have to find an agent that will work for you- They just don't do many MV's, and mine had to work to find the proper person to talk with at corporate. 501.00 dollars a year, and I can do anything I want with the 5 ton, as long as it is non commercial.:jumpin:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is insured with State Farm - no problems. I know several people have insured with Progressive. I talked with Progressive and they undercut the State Farm price, but not enough to make me change. I would call Progressive back and go up the food chain.

5ton4ever

A little late now, but I have allstate insurance and its about $65 every 6 months for my 5 ton. but I also have 5 other vehicles insured with them. Good luck.

Mine is insured with State Farm - no problems. I know several people have insured with Progressive. I talked with Progressive and they undercut the State Farm price, but not enough to make me change. I would call Progressive back and go up the food chain.
I would have preferred to have my Deuce insured with State Farm also, since I have 3 other vehicles insured with them, but over $500 for 6 months is steep.

I was quoted a small commercial policy, since I may be using it in connection with a business I am starting up, and don't want to get burned. That sure seems to make a difference in the price.

LC

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks