• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with GL

Freedive4life

Hows it going fellas? Well I'm looking the classifieds over on the GL for a M1028, and have a few questions that the "search" function couldn't help me with. I'm stuck on the EUC currently. It says it will take a minimum of 60 days to clear, but don't I have to pick up the truck within a limited amount of time? Sounds like a Catch-22 to me. And if there is any other tips or info that would help me when buying from GL, that would be great too. Thanks for all the help.

Hogg

They wont let you pick it up till the EUC clears... I'd call them to double check but wouldnt get too worked up about it, they love taking their sweet@SS time... and yours...

ralbelt

You can't pick up your truck until the EUC clears.After it clears you will get a paid in full invoice on your GL account. Once you get that you normally have 10 business days to pick up your purchase.

KsM715

Have you actually won an auction for the trucks yet? If not, you dont fill out an EUC till you "win" the auction. Once you win it you have so many days, 7 days I believ to fill out and send in the EUC, then wait anywhere from 2weeks to 60+ days to get your EUC approved, once approved then you have 10 days to remove the truck from the lot.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After you win the auction, they will send you a email that will have a link to the EUC form. You can open the EUC form also from your account page but as said above, you can't fill out a EUC until you've actually won an auction.

KsM715

You cant fill one out till you win an auction. Once you win the auction then GL will notify you,usually the next day. On your GL account page there will be a tab you click on for the EUC form.

Edit: **** I type slow tonight. Thanks Ty

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I've checked his stuff out before, but I'm not really looking to drop 3500 bucks on one 'em. He's a cool guy though, and I'll probably pick some tires and other misc gear from him.
a couple 1009's on the east coast recently sold from GL for over $4000 plus fees so $ 3500 for one thats tittled and you can take with you isn't bad . 2cents

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recent M1008 and M1028 GL sales have been triple (or more) your budget.

stampy

Chances are that any truck under 1K will be a basket case. I just paid over 1200 for one without a driveshaft, alternators or a transmission (Luckily, I have the parts) .Crazy how high scrap prices have everyone in the cucv business.

NJRICK

Euc

You apply for your EUC after you win the auction. After your EUC clears you have 10 days to pick up. You need to schedule a pick date & time. Every place has diffrent pick up days & hours your at thier mercy!!

phil2968

Once you get that you normally have 10 business days to pick up your purchase.
10 days sure, as long as it is Tuesday from 7:30 am till noon! That's what Tim at Grayling told me! Blew my plans right out of the water! Had to scramble to arrange transport.

A deuce sounds more along the lines for the OPs budget. You could pick up a deuce from GL, sell it, buy two more and sell them, take the profit and go after a CUCV!:-D