• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with HEMTT

m376x6

I hope this is the correct category of truck. I have a part that has been buried in my parts bins for a couple of years. It is NOS and I believe by the part number it is for the HEMTT family of trucks. The part number is 85570-06-24P. Before I list it on ebay I would really like to know what it is for and what the general name is. Would one of you folks who are familiar with these trucks lend a hand. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

m376x6

The small bag has some o-rings, plstic plugs, and a rod threaded atboth ends. I'll include a picture of the backside . It has some sort of threaded stub piece I assume the rod threads into and the solenoid has the actuator rotate the stub shaft to some degree. Thanks

Gringeltaube reply and pic sent through email per your PM. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

Stalwart

Looks like a control valve, both manual and electric, but the number isn't in any of my HEMTT manuals.

Now, if you had the NSN number I might be able to help further.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll have to dig around in my "parts bin" because I believe I have a similar item. With luck it'll still have the NSN on the packaging.

m376x6

I found the NSN: 4820-01-193-1762 Gringle made a reference to a manually and electrically operated control valve for a crane. I wonder what series number of truck this applies to. I've seen pictures of all kinds of HEMTTs. Thanks everyone.

Stalwart

OK, my book has the part number as: 85570-06, it is the valve assembly for the M977 and M985 to control the rear mounted crane. I could probably use one (or more) as a spares depending upon price.

m376x6

Good call, to the OP, I ask my question....M376x6.
I saw a picture of a model of an M37 in 6X6 configuration, in a book written by Zenthmeyer, many many years ago and built this truck based on that picture. I had discovered a way to mount a new model M37 transmission to a Mopar V8 and dropped in a 360 V8 wth engine driven air compressor and power steering.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks