• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with Ls-671 Loudspeaker modification for am/fm stereo

Dreadwater

So i got a LS-671 loudspeaker rather cheap and id like to use it as a "ruff draft" for an idea with my 1967 Jeep M715. As we know, alot of out military vehicles didnt come factory with a fm/am stereo system built into the dash to listen to music, lol. In my build with my m715 i am trying to keep everything looking militaristic and "original" or at the very least fit the ascetic when viewed from from looking at it.
My idea that I need some pointers on is that; i installed a box in the space behind the data plates connecting to the glove box. Looks original from the out side but inside i have my modern radios and hiding rats nest wiring and such.
I plan on adding an AM/FM music stereo from a 24v caterpillar or similar vehicle and tie in the loudspeaker(s). Looking over schematics of the loudspeaker, it looks very simple and straightforward to do.
Has anyone else done similar modifications with these? I intend to use the original hardware and parts so i can simply unplug and attach a new one if need be. I want attach the speaker using the oem plug, to be able to use the one switch on the speaker has to turn power on/off, be able to use the oem or sourced replacement speaker for music, and using the mic with PTT to go to the roof top PA system (like we used on the old CBs).
This all seems relatively simple and straightforward but i have never worked with 24v radio systems in any capacity nor have i worked with this particular unit and anything this new.
I bought an expensive modified unit at a show but was really un happy with how it was utilized( he bypassed basically all the original parts and left the og plug exposed and unhooked and you couldn't even use the mic, and this seem to be the more common way of doing it, i didnt like the way it looked and thats why i am doing i this way)
If i get this working i will add a second speaker for the passenger side. If i figure this out i will either start a new thread giving instructions and credit or add to this thread. I would greatly appreciate any input, advice, or just commentary for this. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks