• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with M35A2 cargo cover

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phooey. I forgot about the pictures.
That cover is nothing like my vinyl cover. Mine doesn't have the straps on the inside or the nylon straps on the outside front. I don't know what brand mine is, it's the one that came on the truck from uncle sam but it's definitely different than the one you have.

Photo of the back of the truck after installing the new cargo cover. I still have a little more to accomplish before this is complete but at least I know it is on correctly and not backwards.
You have the cover tied down wrong. You need to fold the flap piece on the back the other way. The way you have it pulled toward the front will cause it to catch air going down the road.

runk,

Thank you!

Ironically, I thanked you way back when you posted those pics, too! VERY helpful!

Is that routing described in a TM anywhere that you (or anyone reading this) is aware?

Also, can I do this with the cover OFF of the truck, or would it be easier ON the truck. I'm thinking that the front part would be difficult to get to if it were on the truck. Wondering too, how much tension/slack to put in the super-rope along the side (long) runs as I install it.

Thanks again!
I don't know how you would install the super rope without the cover on the truck. Just go ahead and buy it and put it back. You can install the new super rope the next time you install the cover.

brunoharley

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still not getting it, sorry guys. Mine came with what appears to be an original canvas cover. No strap so on the bows, just a spring loaded clip on the canvas near the elbow area of the bow. I have the TM's and it doesn't seem to have any info on this. Am I missing some straps of some sort? does anyone have a picture of the sides rolled up and secured?

cjcottrill

I'm still not getting it, sorry guys. Mine came with what appears to be an original canvas cover. No strap so on the bows, just a spring loaded clip on the canvas near the elbow area of the bow. I have the TM's and it doesn't seem to have any info on this. Am I missing some straps of some sort? does anyone have a picture of the sides rolled up and secured?
You should have something similar to this attached to each bow corner: http://www.tnjmurray.com/militaryve...roduct/id/24FA52F3-084D-191E-A8F8531406CFD1F9

The strap then goes through the fastener on the outside of the canvas when you have the sides rolled up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks