• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with M925 pneumatic electric brake controller installation.

ida34

I have a need to pull an electric brake equipment trailer. I am using a pneumatic controller that is actuated by tying it into the brake circuit. I then plan to run the 12 volt trailer on an independent battery. Basically I need to know where to tap for the line to the controller. Hydraulic is pretty easy and I putting an old style hydraulic brake controller on my Deuce. All the different air lines running all over the place has me a bit overwhelmed. I hope to tap off at the brake pedal as it would be the shortest run. Which line would I tap? I see 2 lines coming in and 2 lines coming out. Is there an extra port on the brake pedal valve I can use instead of tapping the line? I see several port plugs. If I can't figure it out I will just run the trailer brake line back and tap it as far forward as I can. My truck is an abs truck as I am sure most are so I do not want to mess with anything that will screw up the abs. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Chuck

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Cant you use an electric controller that taps off a brake light? You can use a relay and tap 12v between the batteries for actuation if it wont take a 24v input. I dont see how you would use a separate battery for trailer lights control unless you used a relay for each function.

ida34

I am not using 12 volts for the trailer lights. Only the trailer brakes so using the pneumatic controller eliminates using any relays and gives a more accurate proportional brake control than the electric on or off triggering of the electric controllers. I am using 12v-24v led lights on the trailer and running them through a home make adapter between the military trailer connection and the 7 pin rv plug I am using. The 12 volt battery will only run the brakes. Basically, I am adding two wires running back to the trailer adapter and nothing else is changing on the truck. I can then move the adapter between the Deuce and the 5 ton. I appreciate the input but the pneumatic controller is bought and will be used. I was just hoping for some input from guys that may be more experienced with air brakes than I am.

Thanks
Chuck

Jason O

The foot valve (pedal) has extra outlets for applied brake pressure. It shouldnt make a difference whether you use the primary or secondary air circuit. If I'm remembering correctly they are 1/4 NPT plugs, removed with an allen wrench.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't answer your questions but I do happen to have some pictures handy of one that is removed. Maybe it'll help someone point out which ones need to be used.

Left Side

IMG_20150219_244209_113.jpg

Right Side

IMG_20150219_244144_753.jpg

Back Side

IMG_20150219_244229_563.jpg

ida34

Good to see you stopping in Chuck!

Hope to see you at Findlay this year.
Hi Gimpy. You know I will be there. I traded the HMMWV for a halftrack. It will not make it to Findley this year but will next year. The trailer stuff is go haul the track. I need to pull the injectors on the five ton before I start using it for the tow vehicle. Right now my F350 and Deuce will have to do. I am getting fuel in my oil on the five ton and hope it is only injector orings.

I still check on the place but have not had too much time to do much online discussion.

Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks