• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with MEP-004a Day tank not filling

carlton

there are 2 lift pumps which fill the day tank which gravity feeds the motor/injector pump. these 2 pumps are not powering on to fill the day tank. iIf i mnually fill day tank genset runs until day tank is exhausted. float switch seems to function at both low and high levels trying to figure out where to start trouble shooting or if i should just hardwire the pumps. Thank you in advance

Guyfang

Staff member
First, make sure the 3 way fuel valve is turned to set position.
Then place the S2 in the run position.
Place the S7 in the up position.
Do the pumps come on?
If not, unplug the fuel pumps. Take a wire and run it from the + terminal of the starter, to the plug on each pump. Do they both come on?

jmenende

Place s2 (start switch) in the run (middle position) amd flip the red battle short switch. That will turn on the pump. Let it run till the sound changes. System should be primed. If you dont hear the pumps check for 24v and pump power inlet. Also, unscrew the bottom pump lid and make sure the filter is clean. While your at it, stick your pinkie in thr bottom and make sure the pump piston moves. If stuck use carb cleaner to break loose. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks