• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help With Non CTIS Valve Stem I.D. for an M35A3?

Senderofan

Hello fellow Steel Soldiers!!

I received my A3 a couple of weeks ago and I've got a front tire that leaks down to about 20 lbs of pressure after 48 hours. The CTIS had been removed. It has been suggested that I replace the "O" ring for the valve stem / wheel. I'm wondering if any of y'all can help identify my valve stem? And perhaps if this truly is an "O" ring? Or if the correct term is "Grommet?" I'm having a little difficulty sourcing an "O" ring that's listed for the A3.
Thanks in advance for any information / advice you can spare.

IMG_D3DAB8A47A03-1.jpegIMG_9291A65139A2-1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkeyboyarmy

Check the wheel with some soap and water. I will bet its leaking between the two wheel halves because it's common for moisture to migrate down to the oring area and rust the sealing surfaces. You typically have to split the wheel, clean and paint the rusted areas, clean or replace the oring and then I add a bead of silicone where the two halves clamp together so that no dirt or moisture gets between them. Just my 2 cents.

HDN

When I pull my wheels apart, I'm going to clean them, paint them, and replace all the seals, possibly the tire stems and turret valves as well.

These combat rims seem to have two main failure points: the valve stem grommet, and the o-ring between the rim halves. Properly installing the seals and assembling the rims according to the TM should keep them failure-free for years, so I've been told. It seems that the valve stem grommet in particular is prone to failure because the mechanics in the service never seemed to torque the nut against the grommet well enough.

Senderofan

Thank you all kindly!! Trying to sort this out on my own since we live in a rural area.

Thanks Again..........Y’all are a wonderful wealth of information / advice........much appreciated.

HDN

Thank you all kindly!! Trying to sort this out on my own since we live in a rural area.

Thanks Again..........Y’all are a wonderful wealth of information / advice........much appreciated.
I live in a rural area myself. I might pay the local tractor tire service to come to my place and do the hard parts. Haven't decided yet.

Senderofan

I live in a rural area myself. I might pay the local tractor tire service to come to my place and do the hard parts. Haven't decided yet.
Same here.......I have to figure out what they charge for their mobil service first.....and that will dictate who gets to do the repair. That's what my......uh hmmm......household accountant tells me. She says sleeping in the Deuce for the next few months might not such a bad thing.....if I choose poorly :) :). But at least I have some "Common things" to look for and probably address.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks