• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with part ID

pig9r

I picked up a M998 from GP last week (four month wait). There were some loose parts in it and this is the one remaining that I can’t figure out where it goes. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!EEF3604F-E7F6-4532-A553-DFDB013EEDCA.jpeg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a fairly close up photo. Do you have a better description or more wide angle photo so we can tell WHERE on the vehicle this exists, please???

Thanks.

Others may already have figured it out, but I have no idea where this is.

Daves86

Looks like part of the Basic HMMWV Fire extinguisher mount. Goes on the plate under the driver seat. TM TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 fig 241. Or just look up HMMWV fire extinguisher. Welcome to the group!

pig9r

That's the right size for the Fire Extinguisher part (nozzle holder I think) That screws to a plate that mounts to the front legs of the drivers seat. I am not sure where the blue and white light go, maybe an ambulance set up? Not sure. Is your rig a Basic or one of the A models?
There is a mount under the drivers seat so that’s it - thanks. The light was mounted on the bow on the roof, I assume as an interior light. As far as I know it is a basic model. Delivered in ‘89- it has an MOW tag and the engine is a 6.5L. It was set up as a transport but also had back seats. It was 20 degrees out when I picked it up and it started second try with a slave cable jump. The guys on the lot were shocked. It does have a trans leak from somewhere around the bellhouse after you drive it a bit - I haven’t tracked the source down yet. 32E243B2-E452-49A8-9F5F-63D9C06AA7BA.jpeg

Daves86

Don't count on the tags to be there. I have the MWO 20-4 (steering column bracket), 35-1 (Parking Brake upgrade), 35-2 (3 point seatbelts) completed on my '86 and only had 1 MWO Tag that was painted over. Trust but verify.

Nice looking truck! Enjoy the madness.

AAVP7

The blue/white light thingy is definitely not from an M997 ambulance, and I think it´s not from an M996, either. Those had separate blue and white lights at the ceiling, respectively. The white lights had a different glass pattern in the M997, too.

I´m not sure if the M1035 soft top ambulances had some kind of interior lighting.

pig9r

Here is a pic of the back of the light. I can’t find much on it. I am going to rewire it and mount it. It has some clasps to mount on the roof bow. 1E68FC5B-E6AC-4BD6-8A09-D29749F61CB5.jpeg

Wire Fox

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks