• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with some measurements (Rifle Mount)

UpstateNYer

:?:I am hoping someone can measure the small angle bracket that holds the 2 mounts away from the dash. Width, height, length, angles and may be a few pics. Or if someone has one for sale? Thanks

Chris

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

January 11th, 2010.

UpstateNYer:

Look on the classifieds here , EBAY, and also check with Saturn Surplus and White Owl Parts, as they should have the complete kits with blueprints, as there are also two brackets that go on the cab floor to catch the rifle butts.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

zout

that is where I got mine as well as a kit - just grab your 12 ga tactical shot gun and mount it as necessary :roll: to the right of the center dash. Pretty self explanitory once ya get it.

UpstateNYer

that is where I got mine as well as a kit - just grab your 12 ga tactical shot gun and mount it as necessary :roll: to the right of the center dash. Pretty self explanitory once ya get it.
Great deal on the mount, now I will have to spend $1500 on 2 AR-15's:roll:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can get 2 ar's for 1500 I want to know where you're buying them...I'll take a truckload at that price!!!!

the cheapest you can find them near me is about 1100 or 1200 each.

markmontana

Attachments

Last edited:

UpstateNYer

If you can get 2 ar's for 1500 I want to know where you're buying them...I'll take a truckload at that price!!!!

the cheapest you can find them near me is about 1100 or 1200 each.
Impact has many for High 6's to low 9's. They have come down quite a bit within the last few months. Hopefully none of this gun talk gets me in trouble, well except with the wife.

Last edited:

markmontana

Bud's has Olympics for High 6's to low 9's, and Bushmasters starting at 770. They have come down quite a bit within the last few months. Hopefully none of this gun talk gets me in trouble, well except with the wife.
Correct. My suggestion is: if you are going to have the correct era ar15- you should have the early style A1 model. Current model AR's are down in price, but not quite as authentic looking to the keen eye...

UpstateNYer

Correct. My suggestion is: if you are going to have the correct era ar15- you should have the early style A1 model. Current model AR's are down in price, but not quite as authentic looking to the keen eye...
You are 100% correct, and I would rather have the correct style. You posted while I was typing up my response, slow typer you know. You have a PM.

Yohan

The kits include two mounts and not long ago (three years or so?) they were about ten bucks per kit in Mil Veh Mag. I had the schematic for mounting, but who knows where they are now.

saddamsnightmare

January 11th, 2010.

Just a pointer so I don't get in trouble with the moderators..... In "Saddam's Nightmare" the afore mentioned rack is known as a 3 flask diet Pepsi holder, one stuck between the braket and the dash, and two held in the clips, for really hot dusty missions here in balmy, sultry, northeast Texas (you can use your libation of choice, provided the cops don't get too bent). However, I don't recommend IBC rootbeer in any form as the cops may think you are DUI.......:-D!(Don't ask me how I know this one....!)

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

UpstateNYer

Just a pointer so I don't get in trouble with the moderators..... In "Saddam's Nightmare" the afore mentioned rack is known as a 3 flask diet Pepsi holder, one stuck between the braket and the dash, and two held in the clips, for really hot dusty missions here in balmy, sultry, northeast Texas (you can use your libation of choice, provided the cops don't get too bent). However, I don't recommend IBC rootbeer in any form as the cops may think you are DUI.......:grin:!(Don't ask me how I know this one....!)
Thank goodness, I can afford a 6 pack of diet Pepsi. I was worried that I was going to have to spend truck money on other toys.;-)