• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with spraying my 1028

swyne

Hello fellas, I just picked up my order of MIL-C-53039A CARC 383 green. (Sherwin Williams) NSN 8010-01-229-7546. I'm planning on painting my M1028. I would like to know how to approach it. I'll be using a spray gun along with my compressor. 30gal 220v. (should do it?) I was wondering things like how to reduce it , what to reduce with, perhaps any spray gun settings that this paint is particular with. I've painted before so I have some knowledge. But never with this paint. I found a nice straight clean truck from CA with 50k on it.Had it shipped. So restoring this thing to new is my winter project. I had the 2 28v alts done over,
2 new Deka 's new cdr, detailed engine compartment, new hoses, belts and filters etc, I've got all new tail lights, markers and you name it. You guys know the story. Once you get going you can't stop. Anyway I'll have before and after shots for you all. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that water or solvent-based CARC? That makes a difference. ;) Water-based, you need the gun with the stainless guts. But, as OLDCHEV4x4 said, check the data sheets on their website.

recorderguy

Read the Data Sheet.

If you don't know what that is or how to read it, I highly recommend you find someone who does.

Since it's 53039A, its the single component.

You shouldn't be reducing it at all.

If for some reason you can't shoot it without reducing it, Polane or the MIL-T reducers should be used. No guarantees with anyother Poly grade reducer.

You're not giving enough info on your gun. HVLP? Conventional?

Either way its a .070 needle.

Read the Data sheet.