• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with starter and solenoid

Dbluff

SS- I ran into a problem with the starter solenoid and now maybe starter…

For a little bit on button start truck would click and not fire up, on and off, no real big deal.

Then while driving I heard a humming noise and then a pop and all electronics went out.

So I checked batteries and one was bubbling out fluid. I figured my solenoid had probably welded shut and grounded out.

I removed bubbling battery, and simply put pos and neg on remaining battery to test, and a big spark when connected pos.

so I disconnected wires on starter solenoid , touched battery again and no spark.

fast forward, I ordered a new solenoid, new battery, installed all, check connections on battery, no spark , so I’m thinking great solved problem.

put everything back together, turned ok 3 way, power seems normal, I hear fuel pump. Go hit starter button, and big sparks off connection between batteries where pos and neg cross to make 24v, melted half of the post on battery.

could it be my starter was compromised also?

any further test I can do for starter?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks