• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with turn signals.

ida34

I noticed that when my hazard flashers are on the back lights alternate and it looks like the bright bulb is not working in any position. Dim light comes on when using the turn signal to the right and when the parking and running lights are on. I have not been able to check to see if the brake lights work OK. The seemed to when I got it but it could have been the dim right side light coming on for the brake light. I checked the bulbs and they looked fine. The connections are right at the light based on the makings on the wires. There is no damage to the light assembly. Has anyone had this happen to them. Is it the signal controller? When it gets warmer I will have to trace the wired from the light to the source to try and pin this down. I was hoping someone hear would have dealt with the same problem and be able to give me the right answer to the problem.

Thanks
Chuck

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, could very well be a poor ground. The composite light housings are grounded via the mounting screws, make sure there are star washers in place and that they are torqued.
Check ground to the frame with an Ohm meter.

ida34

That makes alot of sense. I thought they grounded through the wiring since it had three connections but it it now obvious that the 3rd wire is for the b/o cat eyes. It acts exactly like a bad ground. I should have thought of this myself. I had planned to get out a test light first and check all connections inside the light then move towards the front. I probably would have figured it out but I can't count the amount of times I forgot the preliminary simple stuff, which yielded a "what was I thinking" statement when I figured it out hours later. Thanks for the insight. I will post the cure when I know for sure.

Chuck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also consider this. Each bolt gounds a specific light. Both bolts shoudl be checked for a decent gound. This is especially true with the plastic lights.