• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help withInterior prep for Herculiner

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don't dilute it, you might even want 2 coats. Thats what I put in a jeep and it worked well. At least those spots look like flat metal, should be an easy patch.

cucv1833

Sweet earplugs Iv got :)
CUCV1833: was that one gallon of liner for your entire truck? Did you dilute it at all?

It was the 1-gal kit and I was able to put 2-thick coats on the floor an side walls. It was JUST enough. NO diluting. I bought a extra pint but did not need it so I will use that on the floor only on my M101A2.

I had some thick roofing tar on the floor under the rear seat on mine thats what took me so long during prepping. And some 1/4" pin holes by the door seal. I used a little bondo and hurculined over the top.

SimonG

well I got the first coat on today, finished around 2pm and it was still tacky at 7 pm so I have to wait till tomorrow mornign to hopefully get the second coat on. Looks pretty good so far ill hopefully have pictures up tomorrow night

SimonG

Well I got it finished, for now.

I had it mostly prepped on Friday evening. I used the green pad in the kit and sand paper to rough it up and my shop vac to blow out the dust, then drove it to the garage and left it out of the rain to start on Sat morning.

We went Sat morning and it took us a little over 2 hours to finish prep.

We taped of the areas we wanted i.e. door line and under the vents. For the holes I just used foamy ear plugs.

Once the tape was complete, we cleaned everythign with a TSP cleaner, let dry then did a good wipe down with Acetone.

I put the first coat on and it was fairly thick but I missed several small spots. I finished the first coat at around 2 pm and left a fan on it to dry. When I came back at 6 pm it was still very tacky so I left it till morning.

Sunday morning it was dry (except some low spots where it had run down) and I went through to get the thin or missed spots. That was finished around 10 am, came back at 9 pm and it was dry.

Im not completely happy with the outcome, but it will do. The biggest mistake I made was not stirring the herculiner often. This caused the rubber to clump and not come out very even. Since I didnt stir it enough, the last of the Herculiner was very thick and un-usable so I got a quart of Duraliner for the last of it. I like how the Duraliner went on alot better.

Thanks to everyone for all of your input on this, it helped a great deal. Though someone could have mentioned the stirring thing :)

Now Im just waiting on Hawkman to get me my gauge cluster case and i can put the dash back together

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks