• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helped the neighbor move his storage container

mistaken1

The neighbor wanted to move his 40' storage container from the edge of his property over by his work building. Backed up real close and used his frame straightening chains hooked to the shackles to keep the front of the container from digging in. Chugged along in low-first at 1500 RPM to 1800 RPM across the field.

Attachments

nhdiesel

Good way to keep the neighbors MV-friendly. Once you bail them out of a bind, its kind of hard for them to complain about your truck (probably don't have the problem where you are, but I'm getting prepared for it). Nice job!

Jim

mistaken1

Was the storage container loaded or empty! Looks like it loaded you down a bit.

It was empty. Neighbor claims it weighs 8000 lbs. I assume I could go online and verify......

This site says an empty 40' container weighs 8500 lbs.
40 FOOT EMPTY SHIPPING CONTAINER | Other Business & Industrial Goods Shipping & Moving Service - uShip

The real trick was spinning it 180 degrees so the opening on the container faced the same direction as the garage door opening on his shop. $1500 plus for a power steering kit sure seemed more reasonable yesterday than it did several months ago! ;-)

mistaken1

Good way to keep the neighbors MV-friendly. Once you bail them out of a bind, its kind of hard for them to complain about your truck (probably don't have the problem where you are, but I'm getting prepared for it). Nice job!

Jim
Sometime back I returned home in the deuce when this neighbor came running over and asked if I thought it could pull his truck out.

Seems he had tried to cross a drainage ditch in his field that was deeper than he thought. He had spent hours trying to pull it out with a 4wd pickup to no avail.

We took the deuce down to his truck, linked them together and instantly pulled his truck out. I think that is when the wheels started turning on using the deuce for the container move.

I keep telling my young daughter when she is older she can challenge the local boys to truck pulling contests and then show up in the deuce. LOL. Then we tease her that after that contest she can challenge them to an arm wrestling contest! (power steering by armstrong :roll:)

chgofiveo

The citizens and neighbors of your town should be PROUD that this vehicle is there and stands as a reminder of what our Brothers and Sisters in the Armed Forces do for us every day, keeping us safe and away from harm!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks