• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helpful Hint Driver Side Alternator

mijon

Just wanted to give back some information. Everyone on this website has been very helpful/ patient towards my unique set of questions. I use my truck as a daily work truck for my Lawncare/ Snowplowing business. I had my driver side alternator go bad on me last year while plowing (fried positive connection blew it outside of alternator). I was in a bit of a bind at the time and needed a quick fix. I looked up the wiki and found that there was a 78 amp Alternator for a replacement. The alternator worked fine for about 4 plows. Then I started to here a earth shattering screeching sound ( alternator wasn't strong enough rejuvenate batteries because of the high pull of electricity it takes from the plow that I have). Make a long story short, I thought there was something else wrong with the truck and after a long diagnosis followed by helpful hints I received on here, I figured out that the Alternator from AutoZone 78 amp was basically **** for my use. Conclusion to story is, if your planning on using a lot of accessory juice for your CUCV get the Alternator Rebuilt. Don't spend the $140.00 or whatever it was for a crap 78 amp for a temporary fix (unless in bind). Or just buy a used set and have them rebuilt for around $90.00 (what I did).

Thanks again for all the information and help I have received. Great website!!

Jon