• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMETT RIMS FOUND

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
xm977 rims

here are some pics of my rims, from the surface whare the lugs bolt the rim on to the lock ring is about 1", the second is the hub step to help in climbing up to get into the cab

Attachments

dma251

gringeltaube said:
It is clearly visible that the HEMTT wheels have less backspace compared to the 10 and 20 bolt 5ton wheels. That if they are the same width (10"?)
Also I suspect that the HEMTT wheels are not reversible? Although that wouldn't be a problem if the M54 rear hubs could be flipped to match the track width front/rear to run singles (M41?), same as for (M34) 2.5ton rear axles?

Gerhard

I have both styles of hemtt wheels, and I can tell you that on a hemtt the front 4 wheels are opposite side then the rear 4 wheels. That is done on both the lock-ring style and the bolt-together style.

The front axles are slightly wider because of the steering knuckles.

Still looking for one last bolt-together wheel.... The wheels are usually pretty reasonable, it's the darn shipping that kills ya...

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks dma! Good to know it. Wonder how they would "track" if mounted that way on a std 5ton (NON-flipped rear hubs) ??
Don't tell me about shipping... inland freight, fuel surcharge, ocean freight, port fees, export/import duties, taxes, etc, etc.....! :x

G.

majortom

Maybe i paid more money for my rims than outhers, but up north here the 200 a rim beats the heck out of just the ship cost from down south. Also the rims from oshkosh are realy nice, and i could pick the ones i wanted. It cost me 1600 total to do my 543, cheeper than ten 1100-20.