• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemitt wheels?

zoto6ixty

I bought 6 of these wheels with 16.00x20 tires to install on my M816 but the lug pattern seen to be too large on these wheels Does anyone know what these came off of , and what I could do with them now? Thanks

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.

Thank you

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What ever they're made for uses hub piloted rims, not stud piloted like the older 5 tons. So even if the pattern was correct the holes for the lug nuts is not beveled. Those rims are meant for use with a flanged type lug nut. Anyone know what kind of rims the Stryker uses?

Ruppster

KsM715

IIRC I dont know about 816s but I know w/deuces you have to get new centers for the rims before they will fit.

The M816 has the same 10 lug pattern as the hundreds of HEMMT wheels that have come out of GL in the past 2 years.

Those wheels the OP has might have come off of a MK17 or similar varient.

Last edited:

Bighurt

I was thinking the same thing at first (about the MK17) but if I remember correctly the MK17 has an odd sized rim, something like 21 inches.

Ruppster
I second that there is an old discussion discussing mk17 rims... don't have the link atm

XanRa

PLS should work, or you could go this route.
thats not a regular pls- atleast not the kind that uses the wheels we're refering to- the one you posted was a hemtt with a pls system not a m1074 or m1075 which uses these wheels(also has 5 axles)

sorry had tobe the smart @ss[thumbzup]
im good at that at times....:cookoo:

Last edited:

M1075

thats not a regular pls- atleast not the kind that uses the wheels we're refering to- the one you posted was a hemtt with a pls system not a m1074 or m1075 which uses these wheels(also has 5 axles)

sorry had tobe the smart @ss[thumbzup]
im good at that at times....:cookoo:
Actually, the PLS is the M1074 and M1075, with or without the M1076. The M1120 HEMTT has the LHS (Load Handling System). Very similar in design, but only 11 ton payload, compared with 16.5 ton on the PLS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks