• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemmit rims on A3 ???

flyxpl

I am putting some hemmit rims with adapter plates and 395's on my A3 . My qeustion is what is the best place for the adapter plates ? On the inside of the rim or the outside . I think they would look better on the inside , but I am wondering if it is worth nocking out all the bolts to put the plate on the inside .

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Truth be told, the fronts are on the outside and the rears are on the inside. IMHO its not worth knocking them(the studs) out to put the plates on the inside. Yes it looks better, but no its not worth it.

flyxpl

Knocking the studs out was my main concern . I just went out in the garage and gave one 2-3 mild taps with a 3 pound dead blow hammer and it flew right out . If the other 95 studs come out as easy I think I will put them on the inside . I thought they would ome out much harder then they did .
Thanks for your input .

gimpyrobb

Its easy to get them out, putting them back in is whats a pita. I put my fronts on the outside to try and keep the tires inside the fender, didn't work as well as I wanted, but not too bad either.

flyxpl

Looks like I will be putting the plate on the outside . The holes in the adapter plates are to big for the studs to stick . The nuts are lock nuts , so The stud would just spin in the plate and would not tighten up . Oh well, just saved me some time . I think once I get all the studs and nuts on the wheel and mounted on the truck the rim will not look as plain as I thought it was going to look withte plate on the outside .

camoyj7

What are you guys doing for wheel studs? I have recentered Hemmt wheels and I was told the stock studs would not be long enough. I don't want to use the rear thimbles on the studs because it keeps the wheel form sitting flat on the hub. Any idea's?

frodobaggins

What are you guys doing for wheel studs? I have recentered Hemmt wheels and I was told the stock studs would not be long enough. I don't want to use the rear thimbles on the studs because it keeps the wheel form sitting flat on the hub. Any idea's?

Got a friend with a lathe ? turn down the thimbles.

gimpyrobb

Wow, how thick is your adapter plate?

flyxpl

If you want, you can use a 1" open wrench to run the nuts up on the studs. Just an fyi.
Don't know why I did not think of that !! These lock nuts are the stamped style I think that would work but I wouldn't want to be the guy holding the wrench . I will mount up one on the outside and put on the truck and see if I like the way the tire sits under the truck . From looking at the A3 rims the hemmit rims may stick out farther than the A3 rims even with the plate on the outside .

gimpyrobb

I did it by myself. One hand holding the stud/wrench the other running the nut on with an impact. As I said, its not worth the effort imho.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks