• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMMT for sale

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Let's see sell the house and tell the wife and kids we will be living in the back of the truck.... might be doable. lol It is a beautiful one indeed looks just like when they issued them to us and we went through NET with them. They are the awesome truck of the Army and worth every penny of this price. It would be great to have a group buy on it but do we have a dedicated museum that would house it?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HEMMT - Heavy Expanded Mobility Mactical Truck??? :? I do like the sales statement "this is absolutely the best HEMMT in private hands.". Did he verify that for sure? It looks clean, but it's got the wrong cargo bed and no crane? IMHO, for that money, it would have to be basically new and it better be right!

Bruce Kubu's HEMTT was on the cover of MV Magazine, and it's pretty darn nice.... If I was paying that money, it would be to Bruce.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Group buy sounds ok to me. Can you organize 93 others to invest? So far it's You $1000, Me $1000. Now just 93 others at $1000 ( best if we all have the same invested, so as to have equal shares)! We could each have it for 3.8 days per year, and with 95 owners it could probably be driven to each owners place(like a constant tour). So that's what I suggest. Any one else "want in"? :drool:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent alot of time dealing with M977' Cargo HEMTT's in the Army... I've seeen Bruce's M977 up close and personal... HIS is the best HEMTT in private hands.. No question. This one is nice, but the non original bed and no crane kill it... Sad thing is that HEMTT cranes are pretty easy to find.. Too bad this seller didnt put one on... Also, this one is missing thee slave cable connecton, which makes one wonder what else it is missing... I have a funny feeling this one was originally a fueler HEMTT (M978).. The turned tie down loops, and the BII box forward of the bed are the giveaways on that one...

M1075

I'm gonna look into it. It does look goofy with that bed, though (5ton xlwb bed?). I've got the crane for it.

I second the motion on the condition of Bruce's HEMTT. It looks and drives real nice.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the kind words about my truck. He fixed it up pretty nicely...it does look clean. I actually sold an M978 to Ted Hils and I believe Jeff Symanski at Tactical Truck may be brokering it. Ted is getting ready to put a brand new 8V92 Detroit Diesel in the truck. if anyone is interested in it, inquire with TacticalTruck.

Which was the wrecker? I thought the M978 was the fueler. This truck is listed as an M985. Is any one familiar with the lifting shackles on the front and back? They are different than the ones on my truck.

The material handling cranes can be found. I actually had an extra one that a list member bought about a year ago and it had everything including the outriggers. The cargo beds are VERY rare, though. Even if you can find one, they are usually missing some or all of the bed sides or they are bent up pretty badly.

Bruce
Olney, MD
-----

1991 M149A2
1990 M105A2
1989 M101A2 (now sold to CUCVFAN)
1988 M977
1988 M105A2
1987 M1045
1987 M105A2
1985 M1009 (3)
1970 M149A2
1964 M129A2C
1963 M332 (3)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fueler is M978. Wrecker is a M984, and Cargos are M977 and M985 M985 is the heavy version of the M977, which there arent very many of Army wide. The M1120 is the LHS version of the HEMTT, looks like a small PLS.

The "twisted" shackles are off of a Fueler, the reason I got when I asked was that when tied down to a train, they created less static electricity when the chain went thru them.. Dunno if thats true or not, but sounds reasonable.. Call the MIlitary MythBusters on that one......

TacticalTruck

Good eyes on the fuel truck guys. I know the owner and it was a fuel truck. Sarafan put the cargo bed on it and sold it to the current owner. I have not seen the truck in person but I will say he is the only person I know that would give Bruce a run for his money on being extreemly particular about his trucks.
Jeff

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it me or does $95,000 seem a little high? Ted had one of the M984 wreckers a while back, dunno what ever became of it. I'll take your truck Bruce!

Timberwolf

Re: RE: HEMMT for sale

doghead said:
Group buy sounds ok to me. Can you organize 93 others to invest? So far it's You $1000, Me $1000. Now just 93 others at $1000 ( best if we all have the same invested, so as to have equal shares)! We could each have it for 3.8 days per year, and with 95 owners it could probably be driven to each owners place(like a constant tour). So that's what I suggest. Any one else "want in"? :drool:
"I'm in" i'd even consider 2 shares... :lol:

madsam

Just a little pic of a M978. It looks like it rolled, and then people started talking parts off it. (Tires and headlights. ) But it looks like it could have been rolled back over and driven away. The windows are not even broke. Why wouldn't they do that.

Attachments