• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Fluid/Filters

dk8019

Well, the HEMTT will be shipping shortly, so I'm getting a jump on the PM, 10 gallons of SAE 40 from Tractor Supply for the Detroit, 10 gallons of TES-295 Fluid off the web, and new batteries should get me started. The filters are throwing me for a loop though, seems the canister style filters for the oil were replaced in some cases with a spin on, so I guess I might need to wait before ordering those. Does anyone know if any of the other filters (primary and secondary fuel) or transmission fluid and hydraulic have been replaced similarly?

paradeduty

Detroit made an adapter to convert from the canister to the spin on oil filter. The only filters that I have extra of are the inner and outer air filter sets. Let me know if you need any.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have the transmission manual? I can't seem to locate this TM.
Isn't it an Allison HT-740, just like the Freightliner M916A1?

NAPA should have all the filters for your engine, canisters included....if need be, you could pull the filter numbers off of the old ones.

LifeLongWNYer

I have had very good luck getting odd ball filters at my local Baldwin filter dealer. Most of the time, they can locate the filter that you need, just by talking to you at the counter. The really hard to sort out ones, usually require you to take the old filter to them. They measure them up, check the media, all the dimensions and in a few minutes they have a number.

JBP

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks