• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsteinborn

Saw a closed thread from back in 2007 that discussed HEMTT insurance. Now that a few more HEMTT's are in public hands I was wondering where, and what price, people have been finding insurance. The insurance on my M35 and M939's is very reasonable, the quotes I've gotten for the HEMTT are crazy. I understand the vehicle is larger but I doubt I'll drive it too many miles. Thanks!

Bryan Steinborn

Gunzy

This thread is going to be closed before any real info is posted. My HEMTT isn't insured yet but I have had a quote of $95 a month, no parades, and 1000 miles a year. I think it's high.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
NATCO will insure it. Should be under 200 a mo.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shhhh... be very quiet, your going to wake the moderators

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have my M927A2 insured through Progressive on a Farm Semi-commercial policy. I pay around $650.00 a year (it varies because I do installments) for full coverage. The truck is insured for $15,000.00. I run farm plates on it and to get that rate it has to be on a Farm Semi-commercial policy. When I was drooling over HETT's and HEMMT's I got a quote for a M1070 and it was only a few hundred bucks more than the 5 ton but I could not use it for anything other than farm use. With farm plates (in Alabama) you are restricted on how far you can travel from your residence but we have never been stopped in another state our big Dodge Dually running farm plates. Your mileage may vary.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will look into this for my M984 (when it gets running) , but also a class A license here in Ca too.

bsteinborn

Thanks guys. I didn't know asking about insurance was a no no. I hate having to call two dozen insurance companies if someone has found that Company X is great. Anytime you ask an insurance agent that you want to insure a HEMTT you end up spending 20 minutes explaining to them what type of vehicle it is. Even after that and sending the insurance company a photo they are still clueless. I end up getting a $300 a month quote and I suspect the quote is high because the person on the other end of the phone is playing it safe, quoting something high, hoping I will go away, which I do.

Nomadic

Have fun with it, drive it down to the agents in your area. They can finger out whatever they need.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can have 5 guys ask the same insurance company about a identical truck.

You will get 5 different answers about the exact same truck.

You will have to call around to get quotes, IF they will even insure it.
Total PITA, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks