• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemtt purchase

Elideclan2

Today I took delivery of a M983 Hemtt!
over the next couple of weeks with the help of "vintage iron" aka A&H recon, I will be learning about this awesome machine.
It is A 1983 M983 made by Oshkosh. It is in very good shape, needing only minor paint touch ups and routine maintance.

Attachments

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Thanks Elidaclan2 for selling me your spare/parts M923 so I could join in on the MV fun!! Great looking Hemtt. Looks real nice in person. I am sure it is going to be fun. Thanks Vintage Iron for all your help!

jjb

Today I took delivery of a M983 Hemtt!
over the next couple of weeks with the help of "vintage iron" aka A&H recon, I will be learning about this awesome machine.
It is A 1983 M983 made by Oshkosh. It is in very good shape, needing only minor paint touch ups and routine maintance.
Nice. I am still waiting on my EUC to clear to get my 1983 M977.

Have you driven it much? I've heard there is a bit of a learning curve.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Patriot Prime Mover from 3-4 ADA BN, Ft. bragg, 108th ADA BDE, 32nd AAMDC. Congrats. That one should be in excellent condition. They were a pacing item tracked by hours, not days, of NMC time.

RDUKW

Nice. I am still waiting on my EUC to clear to get my 1983 M977.

Have you driven it much? I've heard there is a bit of a learning curve.
They drive great just like a big honda. Switching between the LVS and HEMTT is the hard part because the HEMTT has a lot larger turning radius and the LVS is just odd pivoting in the middle. I just put 130 miles on my m977A2 last weekend and it drove very nice and tracked well with no weird quirks

Elideclan2

It drives odd compared to my m923. Plenty of power. Weird getting used to the turning radius.
In the coming weeks we are changing out hydraulic hoses, changing the oil, adding a FASS fuel filter, coolant filter ,and an upgraded air dryer.
If anyone has parts for sale for this thing please let me know.
Thanks,
Greg

Stalwart

I like the shorter wheelbase compared to my M977A2, my wife mostly drives mine now, it's like driving a bouncy motorhome and tracks perfectly down the freeway.

Chris2270

Really cool. What do you think you'll use it for? Did you get it on govt auction? I'd really like to get one, but no idea what I'd do with it. Off roading? Parades? Shows?

Elideclan2

Well that's the question I hear from most everyone who sees it. I just drive and enjoy it. Coffee run, Run to the supermarket for a gallon of milk, scare the bejesus out of my neighbors, take my kids to get ice cream........ The list goes on and on....

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks