• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT rim on 813 need longer studs

my blood flows OD

I got the HEMTT rims on the truck an the front studs are about .5"-.75"(1/2"-3/4") to short.
i need a good source for longer studs?
I did the hub flip in the rear. the rear is about is just a thread shy of being fully engaged. I would like to change the stud to ones that are .25" (1/4") longer. I'm being told that the 900 series truck studs are .25" longer? Is this what most folks use?image.jpgimage.jpg

Hammer

Or you can just get different lug nuts that fully engage the existing threads.
They are made for Alcoa when swapping to super singles that have the thicker aluminum rims.

SSPX2244.jpgSSPX2245.jpgSSPX2242.jpgnut_cover599502.jpg

red

Copy of one of my invoices when I did this conversion on my m816 using aluminum FMTV wheels (about 1" thick wheels). The studs on the invoice are for the front axle, the nuts are for the rear (what Hammer listed).

375.jpg

The studs are the same diameter front/rear, just different length.

my blood flows OD

I followed reds advice an tried to order the same studs and nuts from my local peterbuilt dealer in Bow New Hampshire . They told me they couldn't get them. I explained that peterbuilt in Utah was able to get them, they told me to get them from them Utah then.
that is what I ended up doing was ordering the same studs and nuts from the same dealer as red did and I was very happy with the service. Shipping was fair, i don't recall exactly what it was but they didn't "eastern surplus" me, if you know what I mean.:rant::soapbox:
thank you Red for the sound advice.

Hammer

Yeah. the 809 series have the same size studs front and rear.
These are available through most larger truck supply houses.
Just put the R or L at the end of the part number I listed, and you will find the right ones.
I was quoted $3 something each for mine if I buy 60 of them in total.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks