• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT rims on GL

area52

Anybody win a lot or more of the HEMTT rims today or any other time?

I got one pallet (12 rims) and would like to do a group buy for the 0-rings,valves and nuts if anyone is interested. I don't have the part numbers but will try to find the correct ones and where to buy the stuff from.

Just wondering if anyone else is interested?

Anyone got the right part numbers?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Daniel got a ton last go-around. I'll tell you one thing, they have sure been getting rid of a lot of brand new HEMTT rims, made in 2007. Anyone know why? Seems like a waste, from a DoD point of view.

dm22630

FYI

You will have 4 days to remove the lots from the warehouse. They do NOT do loadouts on Fridays (even though it says they do on GL's website).

Also, the lots are not lotted w/numbers. There is a big corner of the warehouse that is rims on pallets & they put them on your truck as you show up....no order.

Shipping is going to kill you guys unless you find someone asap! These are non-euc items!

I suggest placing an ad on uship.com & requesting quotes from reputable shippers. In your ad make sure you place it under "freight" and put the weight per lot (12 rims) @ 2000 lbs. They weigh 150#s each + 4 pallets.

M1075

I'll be making pickups and shipping arrangements for several sets of wheels. I am even storing a few. If you need assistance let me know.

dma251

They are just commercial bolt in valve stems. It would not be worth doing a group buy & then trying to ship them out to each member.

2cents

They have the same 7/8" bore opening but they are not your average stem. They are a VERY low profile design to clear the brake drums when run on fronts, and they have a stem on both ends so you can reach it fron both sides of the wheel. You can get away with using commercial stems when you mount it dish-out on the rear, but at least on the hemtt the drum is only about 3/4" away when mounted in front. If you can get the right ones, they are very good to have.

M725

Daniel got a ton last go-around. I'll tell you one thing, they have sure been getting rid of a lot of brand new HEMTT rims, made in 2007. Anyone know why? Seems like a waste, from a DoD point of view.
They where most likely turn in cause they where ordered and not needed. If parts are not listed on the PLL they are turn in . So they end up at the DRMS (old name DRMO) for reutilization by the military first, than by any other goverment agency who wants them. The left overs are sold to us.
You going to see more M809 series 5tons showing up they're not spending money to fix them.

Pappa-G

I see another large group of lotts in O.K. EDIT**at a auction that can't be mentioned for fear of driving up the price***EDIT(hows that?). To far for me to have shipped. I'll endup sending Rodney in WI an order for four.

Last edited:

KsM715

Lucky for me StreetBikeDepot got his lot on the first go round for half what they went for and sold me 6 for a good price (for retail, not straight from auction price) and I didnt have to ship them. Strapped 2 to the walk plate and 4 more stuffed into the Jeep. It took both of us to get them up there, now I got to get them off by my self. Good thing I have my little tractor with a loader on the front.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks