• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemtt rims VS. stock deuce rims for 395s

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Preacher, I am a cheap azz. If I couldn't get them cheap, I wouldn't own them. It was a buddy deal no more available. If there were, they'd go on the 109.

Preacherboy

I'm cheap too, I have $650 into my 7 46" tires, I have 3 brand new XML's and 3 75% XL and 1 brand new Goodyear AT2...it would just be really sweet to have all the same tread all the way around and in XZL.

fantastico

Since we are chatting about this, can i hijack your thread for a minute with a related question?

Thanks!!

I look to get hmtt/hmmt rims soon for my future Bob, but have questions?

CC equipment has these: $400 each

New 2 piece Military M35A2 wheels Rockwell 2.5 ton 20": eBay Motors (item 200328475801 end time Oct-27-10 12:45:32 PDT)

then Mig21us has these $250

MILITARY DUECE M35A2 2 PIECE WHEEL WITH ADAPTER PLATE: eBay Motors (item 320597460347 end time Oct-29-10 20:30:35 PDT)

And Donk Donk has them on here for $250 as well

Is there any difference?

Last question, CC equipment has rear rims with a different offset so that you do not have to flip the outers in the rear.
Is there any advantage to that? Stronger?

I have researched, just cannot find the exact answer.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am using Mig21's rims. You can reverse all the hemtt rims so you don't need to flip the hubs. The difference is whether the bolt pattern adapter is welded in or bolted in. No other real difference.

This is Gimp at Stretch's.

gimpyrobb

First pic is how the rears are setup, second is how I did the front. I don't have pics of the fronts on the truck yet, I was out of town at Stretch's place. Will get some pics during the day tomorrow.

Attachments

MO MV man

I like those. Maybe if I bob a deuce, I can afford the $1600 for 4 rims on it :)
Definitely shop around......there are MANY reputable sellers out there that will sell them to you for $250-275 ea..

I got my HEMTT wheels and XML's from Rodney Feltz.

Love the look, the fit, everything about 'em.:beer:

Preacherboy

I've seen ccequipment rims, and they aren't a different offset from my observations. They are just flipped backwards with the plates on the outside (which is inside because they are flipped).

I got my hemtt wheels and plates from 13mike, and I really like them. I run my plates on the inside, the plates where painted by a professional with epoxy primer and then with rust-o-leum flat black. The job wasn't that difficult and since mike is so close I didn't have to pay for shipping.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

I am using a 14.50r20 on an A3 rim. I don't like using used 14.50s as main tires cause the ctis destroys them, but this one is in great shape and is just a spare. It has held its air for a year, guess I can trust it.

395s and 15.5s take too much effort to get to fit in the spare location.(based on Tmamericas thread.)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp, are you still using the thimbles to extend the studs? Did you do it on the rears too?

gimpyrobb

Nope. I used the thimbles once a while ago(to space a stock rim out from rubbing) and will not do it again. I do use the thimbles to keep the rears on instead of nuts.

jollyroger

Thanks GR. I was wondering what was the biggest spare I could run without too much trouble. That solves that question.

I too run the thimbles on the rear but behind the wheel with the lug nut on the thimble. Is that wrong? It has been fine for over a year on the truck.

gimpyrobb

Yeah, the thimble keeps the rim spaced off the hub surface. That allows for the studs to break. I had 4 snap on my driver side front one wintery night and it was not fun. I recommend you take them off. I use the thimbles to hold my rear tires on so I have something to step on if I need to climb in the bed from the side of the bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks