• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemtt trailer?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Last week I saw a convoy that included several hemtt's. One was a fueler ther rest were cargo trucks. Some of the cargos were towing wagon style (axles at each end) trailers. The trailers looked to be a little longer than the truck's cargo beds, and were much lower (the top of the trailers' sides were roughly the same height as the bottom of the truck bed). Anyone know what they are?

M1075

Last week I saw a convoy that included several hemtt's. One was a fueler ther rest were cargo trucks. Some of the cargos were towing wagon style (axles at each end) trailers. The trailers looked to be a little longer than the truck's cargo beds, and were much lower (the top of the trailers' sides were roughly the same height as the bottom of the truck bed). Anyone know what they are?
Those were most likely M1076 PLS trailers used in conjunction with HEMTT LHS trucks or PLS trucks.

TheWizard

Hi, i am a long time lurker, first time poster, i am currently in Iraq serving in the Army as an 88M. i am in a PLS company that has a primary mission of Gun Truck security here in Northern Iraq.

If they had two steering axles and three pull axles they were PLS trucks.
PLS trailers have one steering axle and two rear axles. (if fading memory serves me)

HEMMETs have four axles.
just wanted to clarify:
M1074/M1075 PLS (Palletized Loading System) Tractors (just the truck portion without a trailer) have 3 steering axles (numbers 1, 2, and 5) and 2 pusher axles (numbers 3 and 4). they also have a LHS System (Load Handling System).

M1120 LHS Tractors (just the truck portion without a trailer) have 2 steering axles (numbers 1 and 2) and 2 pusher axles (numbers 3 and 4). they also have a LHS System (Load Handling System) from which they take their name.

HEMMETs (in all its versions) have 2 steering axles (numbers 1 and 2) and 2 pusher axles (numbers 3 and 4). they do not have a LHS System (Load Handling System).

M1076 PLS Trailer has 1 front steering axle and 2 rear coaster axles

just thought i would put that out there, hope i did it in a manner as not to offend

M1075

Hi, i am a long time lurker, first time poster, i am currently in Iraq serving in the Army as an 88M. i am in a PLS company that has a primary mission of Gun Truck security here in Northern Iraq.
Howdy! Thanks for your post and for your service. If your PLS company has a primary mission of Gun Truck security, you are going to have to post some pics!!!

TheWizard

we use to use PLS guntrucks but now we have switched to HMMWVs, ASVs and MRAPS of varing forms, ill hunt up some pics and post them one day