• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemtt transmission temp

Elideclan2

To any Hemtt owners. Could you please share with me what uour operating temps are while driving. Mine seems to be running around 225-230 ( not verified with my surface temp gun)
it was hot here today 80's and I was driving in stop and go traffic.
In the coming days I will be switching the trans fluid over to the Allison approved "transynd"

thanks to everyone for all the advice. It's fourms like this that make this affliction possible.

tim292stro

When you put in the new transmission fluid, take a sample from the bottle and send it into a lab as a baseline (someone like Blackstone Labs, no endorsement, no affiliation). You can sample the transmission fluid on the severe duty cycle (6 months, 25K miles, 600 hours), and see if you can wait to service the fluid until the regular interval (48 months, 100K miles, 2400 hours).

The idea is that you take a sample of clean fluid before it comes in contact with your engine/transmission, and you can then see the breakdown of the fluid lubrication components as they wear out, and what deposits are leaching from the engine components into the fluid indicating any damage before it gets really expensive.

Stalwart

Mine takes a LONG time to get up to temperature, perhaps 30 minutes at freeway speeds but then goes up to about 10-20 degrees above the coolant temperature. I like oil temperatures above 212 as to keep the oil free of water contamination.

Elideclan2

I ran the Hemtt around town today. All stop and go. I had a temp indicated on the gauge of 225-230 degrees. I used my laser temp gun at got a reading of 200. Looks like my gauge or wires need some attention.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks