• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Update

Stalwart

Accessorizing

Got some accessories to display with the HEMTT: 2-12 tube 2.75" rocket transport racks. Each tube holds 4 and so I have one full tube, all I need for display. Just the kind of cargo this truck was meant to haul. Even the same year of manufacture as the truck. For shows we'll have one unloaded and on the ground, with the crane above.

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get some Hellfire rocket crates, 30mm crates, and your well on your way to doing a FARP impression.. Dont forget to add the smell of JP-8...

Jones

Beautiful work, Stuart! I think I may need to start taking lessons from you.
The cranes don't seem to park dead level so I wouldn't sweat it.
Someday, those high sides and tailgate just may deflect a tree branch that otherwise would have taken out a hydraulic hose or spun the crane on it's turntable enough to do some real damage.
Insist that they're part of a Damage Prevention MWO.

Stan Leschert

I like my trucks to be green. After looking at your photos, now I'm green! (with envy). Dang you got nice toys. Which ones are you taking to the July rally? I may have to bring an extra memory card for the camera, as mine gets fuzzy!

Stalwart

Beautiful work, Stuart! I think I may need to start taking lessons from you.
The cranes don't seem to park dead level so I wouldn't sweat it.
Someday, those high sides and tailgate just may deflect a tree branch that otherwise would have taken out a hydraulic hose or spun the crane on it's turntable enough to do some real damage.
Insist that they're part of a Damage Prevention MWO.
I'm not in your league Leonard, at least not yet. Since they are all made out 1/8 aluminum, I don't think they will be protecting anything. Honestly they are just for looks and to keep the kids from falling out.

I was a bad boy yesterday, I forgot to tighten the lock nut on my heavy duty rivnut puller and the stop backed out, making it pull too far. Later when pulling 1/4-20 stainless rivnuts, I streched and broke the mandrel :-( I was getting a lot done too . . .

Jones

Ahh, we live and learn.
I'll show you Mount Bad-idea when you're in town. It's a mountain of first, second and third attempts out back of the shop. But I'm sure learning what doesn't work.

Stalwart

YEAH, new shoes today! 9 new, never on the ground Michelin XZL 16.00 tires. Now I just have to figure out where to store 4000 lb. of tires . . .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks