• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemtt vs combat vs normal rim identification?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Hunting for 2 more combat or hemtt rims for my m817. Could use an example photo of each and how I can easily make sure a rim is either hemtt or combat (and not a non bud style rim). Been searching on marketplace and don't want to waste any sellers time. Thanks!

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an LMTV rim and probably only has bud style on one side. Combat rims have 10 bolts, LMTVs have 20 and I believe Hemitts have 17.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I appreciate the explanation. That means this is not a combat rim?
1000017314.jpg

Last edited:

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Great info, thanks. I read this :

"you will need to change you wheel studs or do thimbles on the from if you run HEMMT's."

Now I am confused. I need to change my wheel studs to run them up front?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Studs should always protrude a couple threads, sticking out of the nut.

Both halves of the HEMTT wheel have their own center plate, about 10mm thick. Bolted together it's over ¾", a lot more than the thickness of the stock 5ton wheel center.

So the original stud ends up being about ¼" too short.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Interesting. Any idea where I could get studs for my old truck and what the part number might be? Terrible to replace studs on these?

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang..didn’t notice the different centers on that first rim. I’d just put combats or LMTVS on the front. You just can’t turn quite as sharp as with the Hemitts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks