• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemtt vs combat vs normal rim identification?

Superthermal

Would they be worth it for the 4 rear hemtt rims?
I have all my tires on HEMTT wheels. If you choose to run them on the rear the rear tires will be INSET just as much as the front tires will be OFFSET. So the front and rear will track several inches off of each other.
The benefit is that all your tires will be interchangeable.
This pic is back a year and a half before I changed out the very crummy poorly worn, cupped, out of round Goodyear tires with some new 16.00s.
1700169646854.jpeg1700170002733.jpeg

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would they be worth it for the 4 rear hemtt rims?
For hemtt wheels on the rear I think offset lugnuts would be worth it.

With combat wheels on the rear, you don't need them because the studs on the rear are longer. Without the thimbles on the rear, the rear studs are now a smaller diameter - the same as the front. The original front lugnuts can be reused on one of the rear axles and for the other rear axle you'll have to source 10 LH & 10 RH lugnuts that were originally sized to fit a front axle.

*in my case someone put longer M939 studs in my M809 rear axles so what I'm saying above may not be true for someone else's truck.

Last edited:

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Noted. I found those offset lugnuts super cheap so went with them all the way around.

Hopefully mounting tires on all the rims this weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks