• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT, well kind of

Waterhouse

I don't know if I'll get kicked off the site for this blasphemy, but I've been working on this for ten years and I just got through painting it. I still have a lot of work on the interior. This is how it will look on the outside. The only change coming is a canvas roof on the back.

IMG_0545.JPG

A couple details, it rides on airbags, the tires are 46" MVTs, it has a kicking AC system and a round sunroof. (Aka ring mount)

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

It's powered by Cummins. The rest of the driveline is Ford. The body is all aluminum. I tried the Behr paint, but had trouble, so I used Rapco. It runs and drives now, but I don't have it legal on the road yet. (Got to finish the inside)

So what do you guys think? Would I get shot if I show up at a MV get together?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't know if I'll get kicked off the site for this blasphemy, but I've been working on this for ten years and I just got through painting it. I still have a lot of work on the interior. This is how it will look on the outside. The only change coming is a canvas roof on the back.

View attachment 844350

A couple details, it rides on airbags, the tires are 46" MVTs, it has a kicking AC system and a round sunroof. (Aka ring mount)

View attachment 844351

View attachment 844352

It's powered by Cummins. The rest of the driveline is Ford. The body is all aluminum. I tried the Behr paint, but had trouble, so I used Rapco. It runs and drives now, but I don't have it legal on the road yet. (Got to finish the inside)

So what do you guys think? Would I get shot if I show up at a MV get together?
Pretty sharp looking to me! It almost looks like a pickup truck from the back.
Naw, bring it on! I think you would get lots of questions for sure!

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a special built (for diesel) C6 with a manual valve body. axles are Superduty.

Ps, does anybody else have their computer lock up on this website?
I never have any issues with this site. And, I'm not too far from you. Over here in the big city of Perry.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's a special built (for diesel) C6 with a manual valve body. axles are Superduty.

Ps, does anybody else have their computer lock up on this website?
Replying about this site and slow... No not really. I am on a desktop more often than a phone. Only time this site seems to be slow is when the browser is about to "hack up a hairball" and a restart brings it back. That is rare too just fyi!

steelypip

If HEMTTs were rare war artifacts (like, say the lend-lease Studebaker trucks), and you had hacked one up you might get some grief from somebody here.

As it is, I think you took (part of) something common that's mostly impractical for civilian use and made something cool and interesting out of it. Excellent fab and finish work, and I hope you enjoy using it as much as you enjoyed the project of building it.

It looks, incidentally, like it belongs in movies. Be sure the studios know it exists, as they've paid good money for use of things like it over the years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks