• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Wheel Disassembly Question

2003hummer h1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am planning to disassemble 6 HEMTT wheels, cut out the centers with a plasma cutter, instal new bolt on centers and mount them on my Deuce.
I ran into a problem disassembling the second HEMTT wheel. Let all the air out, removed all the nuts on the perimeter of the wheel (16) and I can not break the bead from either half. The first wheel separated, and the larger half fell right out when I dropped the tire on 2 4x4's. The second wheel seems like the tire is glued to the bead, its not moving.
Any suggestions? I have let them sit in the sun, used a bead breaker, still nothing.
can anyone explain the process that worked for them to remove the HEMTT wheel half's from a 395/85R/20 tire?

thanks

MrM4

Driving the truck up on might be the easiest, I use a mechanical bead breaker from Harbor Freight. Uses a big impact to run the foot down, works great.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I take the M927 super singles to my tire dude. Even with the bead locks they use a demounting machine and it is off in a couple of minutes.
They always break the bead before they take the nuts off to split the rim.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks