• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hemtt wheel nuts

Stalwart

I posted it once and it was "poo-poo"'d as too troublesome to those involved. It is in a cross pattern in 3 successive steps as I recall, torque to 450-500 ft.lb. At least it is less than the lug nut torque.

Stalwart

Baxter, bring all the nuts down until they just touch and start to compress the o-ring. The initial part is the most critical. That is when you are going to extrude the o-ring into a non sealing surface. On the HEMTT they need the 450-500 lb.ft. to stretch the bolts so the wheel is clamped so that they can take the immense weight.

If you PM me I'll send you a link to the 25MB manual.

Preacherboy

I just torqued mine down with probably 50-60 pounds of pressure at the end of an 8' bar and my o-rings have held up just great. Although, it might have been more than 50-60 pounds, but I'm sure they are over the specificed 450 pounds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks