• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hemtt wheel nuts

Stalwart

I posted it once and it was "poo-poo"'d as too troublesome to those involved. It is in a cross pattern in 3 successive steps as I recall, torque to 450-500 ft.lb. At least it is less than the lug nut torque.

Stalwart

Baxter, bring all the nuts down until they just touch and start to compress the o-ring. The initial part is the most critical. That is when you are going to extrude the o-ring into a non sealing surface. On the HEMTT they need the 450-500 lb.ft. to stretch the bolts so the wheel is clamped so that they can take the immense weight.

If you PM me I'll send you a link to the 25MB manual.

Preacherboy

I just torqued mine down with probably 50-60 pounds of pressure at the end of an 8' bar and my o-rings have held up just great. Although, it might have been more than 50-60 pounds, but I'm sure they are over the specificed 450 pounds.