• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Wrecker has a (PLS) Trailer!

paradeduty

Wow M1075 -

I have seen your avatar around but I must be way out of the loop - I had no idea that you had one of those beauties!!!

Here all these years I thought that 8x8's were kind of the king of the "road driveable" off road trucks - WRONG!

There sure is a lot of flexibility and usefullness to the PLS system - which is why I personally think it was one of the smartest things the military has done in a while with the heavy trucks. Standardize the fleet as much as possible. This truck is down - fine, go grab the next one and load the rack or what have you on that truck - next problem......

To be fair - I will probably never use any of my equipment to its fullest usefullness - but its just for fun!!!

Awesome truck!

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like 'em all, but the dump bed on the PLS trailer just looks way cool[thumbzup]:grd:

I just notice upon second look that that dump bed has the corners for stacking on top of containers. You could drive down to the local railyard and double stack these on to a well car.

In order to load the trailer, you need to have the PLS truck itself? It does not look like the trailer is self-loading from the ground. It looks like the various PL bodies must transfer from the main truck unit. Correct??

Last edited:

paradeduty

I think so - M1075 can say for sure - I think you need to load body x onto PLS truck and then hitch truck to PLS trailer and uload/slide body x onto trailer. I guess you could then unhitch and load up body #2 and hitch back up and hit the road!

paradeduty

Thanks Ord22 - had a little bit of luck on this one. I think in the end it was worth the shipping costs with how good condition it is in. I think that I am probably done with the auction aquisitions for a while now so I can put attention to the wrecker. Might be nice if there was something to pull the trailer with more sooner than later! There has to be some better than average long wheelbase truck beds around - just have to stumble on them. Take care, Dave.

M1075

Ive been looking for flat-Racks for some time. Any idea where i could pick up a few?
They are getting hard to find. About 10 years ago, I had the option to buy up to 400 unused flat racks. I think I could have gotten the price to about $300-$400 each. I just couldn't afford it and I didn't know anyone else with a PLS truck back then. So I settled on a truckload of 10 flat racks. I have since sold/traded off 6 of those and now only have 4. I wish I had more to sell!