• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hemtt

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be prepared to spend $60K. Ted Hils has a few. He is in Dothan, AL...not sure his phone # off hand.

bbf

i had bin shopping around for one for a while and the few that i come across are up there in price from 65000. to the 85000. plus

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a guy in KY who has a beautiful HEMTT. He put some serious coin into fixing it up and it is really nice. This guy is a personal friend of mine. If you are interested in speaking with him about his truck, please PM me. He is probably the only guy in the world with TWO HEMTTs!!!

JohnnyReb

Certainly don't know your plans, but you could buy a really nice deuce or 5 ton and, if you can do fab. work, etc., make one heck of an expedition vehicle for the price of a HEMMT with money left over for spare parts and spam.

dma251

Bruce Kubu just steered you towards at least three.... Did you check any of those leads out?

What price range are you working with? That will help people to steer you towards the best rig for your needs. What do you think a hemtt is worth?

Also, I'm curious what kind of extreme offroad stuff you want to do. A hemtt is mighty capable, but once you get it stuck, you are REALLY stuck.... If you are far offroad and don't have another hemtt or a tracked recovery vehicle, you might as well start dismantling it.....

dieselwhale

Yeah I checked all the leads out, and they are very tempting but I really want to get one in medium to decent condition so that I can restore and fabricate it the way I want. On the getting stuck topic I have two 75 ton winches that came off an old caterpillar crane that was used to pick up locamotive trains that derailed that I will mount to the front and rear of the vehicle. I have built custom vehicles bigger than a hemtt and have also got them stuck, but I have never built an actual oshkosh vehicle, or a tatra truck so that is why I am steering in this direction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks