• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hercules RoadForce 118 Tires

rustystud

Reaper651

Yes for some reason, the link just goes to the first chip and cut tire on Hercules website. When you click on the link, look for the RF/GF118 and click on it. You will see that they have this model in most of the popular 20" rim sizes. I was mainly wondering what you all think of the tread pattern. They make it sound like its a mixed terrain tire. I realize that in mud it probably wouldn't do as well as some of the other tires but for typically dry, rocky terrain, it might work well? I was thinking about singling the truck out and running the 12.00x20 tires to try to save a bit of money but I'm not sure how it would fare this way in rough terrain. Any thoughts? I have been running Hercules tires on my pickup and on my service truck and they seem to run and wear well, so I figured these might be worth a try. They are reasonable on price, but the RF/GF 118 is the only model they show for a 20" rim. Also, sorry about the link not going directly to the proper model. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

quickfarms

I did not see where they specified the tire position.

My tire guy had a difficult time locating cross tread tire that was rated for all position.

He found a firestone tire that worked better that the tires the factory put on the truck on the run to tower park last month.

Reaper651

Chip and cut all-position tire for mixed road service
Good wear-resistance
Strong carcass resists punctures and damage
Robust tread design provides excellent traction

From their website^^^