• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here are the rules for alternative fuels.

rwbrown72

donttreadonmebmg

We appreciate your question and thank you for the opportunity to address the taxability of the waste motor oil or transmission fluid. Waste motor oil or transmission fluid is taxable as a motor fuel under 5735.01 (D) of the Ohio Revised Code. Because it is used to power a diesel engine, unless you possess an Ohio Motor Fuel Dealer's license, remitting the tax to the state can be difficult. As long as you are not making and selling the biodiesel, you will not need to become a licensed dealer. If this is the case, please call the Motor Fuel Tax Unit to discuss the requirements for an Ohio Motor Fuel Dealer's license.

Note that the diesel fuel that you are making must be clear in nature. Using anything with a red cast is considered a dyed product and if pulled over by our enforcement unit, could result in criminal and civil charges. I am telling you this so that you are aware.

You can report the gallons used on road (only the waste motor oil or transmission fluid, not the diesel as you have already paid the tax on this fuel) by printing the MF 2, Licensed Dealer's Monthly Ohio Motor Fuel Tax Report, from our website (directions listed below), listing the gallons used on road for the period on line 4 and computing the tax at a rate of $0.28 per gallon. I suggest filing this semi-annually and not as the form suggests. I also recommend you keep a copy in your vehicle as you will be able to provide law enforcement a copy of the return showing that you have filed and paid taxes for the waste motor oil or transmission fluid. They can contact our office to confirm that you paid this. I also recommend you keep a copy of this email with your documents. There are no guarantees but documentation will acknowledge the communication with the tax department.

On the MF-2 write "Alternative Fuel Payment" on the top; enclose a check to the treasurer of state and mail to the Excise and Motor Fuel Unit, Ohio Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 530, Columbus, OH 43216-0530. Thanks for you interest and please feel free to call with any additional questions. My telephone number is (614) 466-3505.

To get the MF-2, go to tax.ohio.gov, click on tax forms on the left, in the tax type drop down box, drop down to Motor Fuel tax and click search. Next look for the MF 2 form and print it out. Additionally, here is a link to the form.
http://tax.ohio.gov/documents/forms/excise/motor_fuel/MVF_MF2_FI.pdf

Have a great day!

Debbie ****son
Tax Commissioner Agent - Motor Fuel Tax Division
Ohio Department of Taxation
30 E Broad St, 19th Floor, Columbus OH 43215
PO Box 530 Columbus OH 43216-0530

Direct: 614-466-3505
Fax: 614-752-8644
Dept: 614-466-3503
Web: tax.ohio.gov

Confidentiality Notice: This message is for and only applies to the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, unauthorized disclosure and distribution is prohibited. Please reply back to this email to notify the sender of the error and to obtain instructions on what to do with this document.

Thank you for your eMail inquiry.

rwbrown72

This is crazy to me. If everyone on this site made all of their own fuel, we would amount to .0000001 percent of the total fuel tax collected each year. Yet we would make a nice contribution to the environment and the communities that we live in. If everyone started doing this, then I could understand the need to maintain the roads, but come on! I have ideas about solving these issues, but that would not be MV related and I would probably ruffle some feathers, so you'll just have to guess at my solutions.;)

rwbrown72

Hybrid/solar powered MVs:shock:??? Come on rwb....share the wealth!!!:beer:
First thing you do is clean out your fuel system. Start by removing the fuel filler cap and then tip your truck on it's side like GIMP. There will be a TM in the resource section as soon as GIMP gets done with the final edits.

AKJEEP

I especially like the whole "This letter is only intended for the reipient" stuff at the end!
Hehe
OK everyone....forget you saw that..........[thumbzup]

AKJEEP

I especially like the whole "This letter is only intended for the reipient" stuff at the end!
Hehe
OK everyone....forget you saw that..........[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks