• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heres the pics- of dump body for M51A

pa.rich

have these parts I scrounged up from a little detective work with the former owner. I found the frame in one location and the rusted out body in another. I got them pretty cheap. I am missing the correct pump, some of the correct linkages to the control box, and I have a pto, but not the original . I have been working a little at a time . I have cut out the sides and the floor is all going to be scrapped too. All that will be left is some frame members, the tailgate and cab protector and the side rails on top, and the headboard. The steel list is made for refabbing this to look same as original. I just missed out on a good set up from Bruce Kubo. It was sold by the time I decided to buy it. Hope you all enjoy the pics. By the way the pistons seem to be froze in place, so that was another disappointment, but I am going to dismantle them and see where the rust is. It is a labor of love.I could have probalbly just bought a civie dump and been done, but I like the heavy duty tandem axle rears and the 6X6 drive. I need that since the land I am working is all steep mountainside.So with alot of determination, I may be able to get this together by the end of summer. Knuckle head says he has the linkage, and Memphis has the pump and its rebuilt. I have another lead from bruce, and I thank you guys for the help here.

Attachments

herc69

RE: Heres the pics- I almost forgot

Looks good! We are gonna make at least one of our M35A2's into a dump sooner or later. Right now we will settle for making an M105 into one! :grd: