• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here's Your Proof!!! 37s on M1009

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice man there a little big for me i like it stock :( i also like the k-9 police m1009 looks bada....

Last edited:

Mudstone

rims are from C.V.C.T aka. dan and eric with the crazy awesome m818 on singles they also did the lift and are awesome guys. As for the "major surgery"... we only took off an inch or so on the front fenders its not bad. I am still on the 3.08s i have a d60 4.56 to swap for the front and i know where i can get a 14bff rear with 4.10s that i will re gear. Probably happen after the move. I need to put in a trans cooler.

The truck rides AWESOME on the highway. RPMs are crazy low at 75mph. Bump steers a bit when you really jam on the breaks but the d60 with crossover will fix that. Rides like a cadillac on the highway too. Much less jarring and stable feeling than stock with the extra width on the tires.

Will update soon on progress and shenanigans. :grd:

etech

any problems with going to 37's, hows the engine/ tranny and tcase holding up, I have been thinking about running 37's on my cucv M1009, I know the axles are junk, and plan to do a 14 bolt and a 60 swap someday, but in the mean time not doing much trail running, I just want to get a better RPM on the freeway while taking to Mexico for our races. peak torque is about 2000 rpm if I remember right and with 3.08 gears and 37s that should be about 2000 rpms on the freeway at 71mph... sounds good to me... let me know what you think after having driven it for a while?

I have 35's on my cucv with no lift and just a touch of fender trimming on the back of the front fenders, and it runs fine like that. just wanted to hear what you thought. thanks again.

Last edited:

etech

but no drivability issues with 37's hows everything holding up? I know I have to lift it but I was not going to lift much just about 4 inches, and do a little more trimming, and use ORD zero rate leafs and move the axle forward to compensate for the rear fender trim, have done the same set up on trucks and it works great, just not with these k5's...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks