• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Herlong, CA (Sierra Army Depot) to Las Vegas, NV

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a pallet load of 12 HEMTT wheels (20x10) at Herlong, and would like to see if I can get it picked up & transported to Las Vegas, NV or partway and I can pick up outside the depot/along the way back to Vegas. If someone can pick this load up for me & remove it from the base, I'd compensate you & then pick them up the following weekend.

The items are about to be paid for, so the wheels need to be picked up the week of June 10-13, 2013 or June 17-20, 2013.

Shipping details: 1 pallet, with 12 wheels strapped to it. Dimensions: 54" x 48" x 96"(L x W x H). Weight: 3600 lbs (approximate).

Thanks!

Warren
SilverState55

brianp454

I don't think I can help you directly, but I shipped mine through UPS Freight to Portland. It turned out to be more then I'd hoped...

I got 365\80R20 (yes, the metric version of the M35A3 14.5's) MRAP style wheel assemblies with Michelin XZL tires that turned out to weigh in at 355 lb each.

I also had a truck shipped and fared much better than I did with UPS Freight. I contracted Nice Car Auto Transport and got a driver named Kent to actually haul the truck (will send his number in a PM). A key is to give them as much of a flexible time window as you can. I've been told that the auction folks want everything off right away, but will really let it sit longer than they say. I wanted to eliminate any risk of trouble, so I prefer not to push it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks