• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HET / M1070 To Pull The Sled this Thursday the 26th need advice!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The story: We were on time for the pull and waited 1.5 hours for our turn. We went to warm up the trucks as the semi class was called. An official told us that we could NOT pull due to insurance reasons. That was a reversal of all previous discussions. Brian and I went and talked to the track officials in the box. After a few minutes they talked to the person on the ground and he stated that we WOULD be pulling and it was still for show only. So we rushed back to the trucks, got them warmed up and prepared, and were right beside the track. A guy climbed my steps and said we would NOT be pulling due to insurance. I dropped the name of the track guy that said we could and he said it was the sled operator making the call and that since he owns the sled there is nothing that can be done. So I went and talked to the sled operator. His problem is that the pintles are too high on the trucks and he feels strongly that insurance would not cover any liability due to this. It is unfortunate but not the fair folks issue or the sled owner / operator. I can see with there being so much liability in everything that he cannot take the risk. Please do not blame the 4H as the volunteers were all professional and nice. What a great organization! We ended up driving the track to raise awareness for the parade. We did get a standing ovation and many in the crowd were still yelling “pull!!” We hope to get a rule book or technical specs so we can make a proper and safe drop hitch and then be allowed to participate next year. I could tell on the way home that the HET was angry about not getting to drag something heavy. That is what the old girl lives for. Thanks to you everyone for coming out and showing your support!
Sounds like a William Shakespeare story...

"To pull, or NOT to pull.... THAT is the question!"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks